Tickets & Entrance
When is the Gravenstein Apple Fair?
The Gravenstein Apple Fair is Saturday & Sunday, August 13 & 14, 2022, from 10 am to 6 pm each day.
How do I buy tickets?
Discounted advance tickets are available now at GravensteinAppleFair.com and at all Copperfield’s Books, Oliver’s Markets, Harmony Farm Supply & Nursery, and the Santa Rosa Sports Basement. Single-day general admission tickets will also be available at the gate the weekend of the Fair. VIP tickets are available on for advance purchase online.
What are the ticket prices?
- Advance discounted single-day general admission tickets are $18 for adults (ages 13 and over) and $10 for children (ages 6 to 12). Kids 5 and under are FREE (no ticket required).
- VIP tickets are $125 for adults (age 13 and over) and $50 for children (ages 6 to 12), and are available IN ADVANCE ONLY at GravensteinAppleFair.com. Please note this is a separate ticketed venue inside of the fair. Tickets are limited and advance purchase is required. VIP ticket includes cost of admission to the general Fair. Kids 5 and under are free (no ticket required).
- Single-day general admission tickets will be available for purchase at the gate. Prices are $25 for adults (ages 13 and over); $20 for seniors (65+) and veterans; $15 for children (ages 6 to 12). Kids 5 and under are FREE (no ticket required). CASH ONLY at the gate. Sorry, no credit cards accepted at the gate. ATM will be available near the entrance gate.
Are the tickets good for either Saturday or Sunday admission?
Yes, the VIP and General Admission tickets are valid for either Saturday or Sunday entry, your choice. But no weekend passes are available.
Where do I enter the fair?
General Admission ticket holders and Will Call enter at the Main Gate where day-of tickets are sold, close to the entrance of Ragle Park. VIP ticket holders enter at the VIP Gate.
Will I be able to leave and re-enter the fair?
Re-entry to the fair is permitted on the same day of entry. Hands must be stamped at the exits for re-entry.
Can I bring chairs and blankets?
Low-back chairs are permitted, but we don’t allow folks to set up blankets. We have lots of picnic tables, bench seating, and straw bale perches set up throughout the grounds.
Parking & Shuttles
Can I reserve parking or buy a parking pass?
Parking at all locations is on a first-come, first-served basis and is not reservable. No advance parking passes are available. ADA parking is also available on-site.
Where can I park?
- On-site parking at Ragle Ranch Park, available until the lot is full, is $10 per day. Parking is free with current Sonoma County Regional Parks Pass displayed on the dashboard. No in-out privileges for parking lot.
- ADA parking is available on-site.
- There is free satellite parking with shuttle buses available. Satellite parking lots are at Holy Ghost Hall (7960 Mill Station Road, Sebastopol) and O’Reilly Media (1005 Gravenstein Hwy N, Sebastopol). Two free shuttle buses run all day during fair hours.
Is there ADA parking?
ADA parking is available on-site; must show valid ADA parking placard.
What are the hours and stops for the parking shuttle?
The free shuttle transports guests between the fair and the satellite parking lots and drops off/picks up near the main entry gate. Two free shuttle buses run all day during fair hours. The last parking shuttle leaves the fair at 6:15pm.
Is there bicycle parking?
Free bicycle parking is located at the Bike Parking area to the left of the main entrance. Bike parking is staffed by Sports Basement until 6pm.
Rules & Regulation
Can I bring my pet?
No pets are allowed. Only service animals are allowed on the grounds. Emotional support dogs are not permitted. Please do not leave animals in parked cars.
Will the dog park be open during fair hours?
The dog park will open to the public, but parking is not guaranteed.
Can I bring outside food or drink?
No outside food or beverages are permitted within the fair grounds. Coolers are not permitted, with the exception of small coolers for baby food and special needs.
What is your refund policy?
All sales are final. Tickets are nonrefundable.
If you are unable to attend the fair, you may transfer the ticket to another party.
What are the COVID protocols and vaccine/masking requirements at the fair?
In accordance with current state and local guidelines, there will be no vaccination, testing, or masking requirements at the Gravenstein Apple Fair.
State and local guidelines are subject to change at any time. Should these protocols change, our website will be updated to reflect current protocols and requirements.
What are other rules and regulations at the fair?
Climbing is NOT allowed on oak trees or fair structures.
Crossing the split rail fences into protected areas in not permitted.
Smoking and vaping are not permitted on the fairgrounds.
At the Fair
Where is the Information Booth?
The Information Booth is located in the center of the fair, under the oak trees, near seating for the North Coast Music Stage.
Where are the restrooms?
Restrooms are located in two areas: at the Eastern border near the Kids Area and Old Engines; and at the Northwestern corner near the Northern California Public Media Stage.
Wheelchair accessible restrooms: Each block of restrooms has an ADA stall.
Will drinking water be available?
Filtered drinking water is available at multiple stations throughout the fair. We strongly encourage you to bring a water bottle. Look for the tall Hydrologic signage to spot the stations.
Water in plastic bottles will NOT be sold at the fair.
Is the fair wheelchair-accessible?
There are a limited number of all-terrain wheelchairs, good for the uneven ground, which can be checked out at the Main Gate. They are free and are available first-come/first-served.
Is there an apple pie baking contest this year?
Unfortunately, no. Our partners did not have the capacity to coordinate the contest this year, but we look forward to the contest making a return in 2023.
Will alcohol be available at the fair?
- Alcohol will be served until 5:30 pm; however, alcohol ticket sales end at 5:15 PM. Our servers have been certified under the California RBS program, and will not serve underage, or intoxicated patrons.
- Drink tickets are the only form of payment taken at the alcohol tents (Beer, Cider, and Wine), Henhouse Beer Booth, Golden State Cider Booth, and VIP Lounge. All drink tickets are $8 each and can be purchased at the red-and-white-striped Alcohol Ticket Sales booths, at the Country Store, and the VIP lounge.
- Wristband required: You must show photo ID to get a 21+ wristband at the red-and-white striped Alcohol Ticket Sales booth and at the VIP entrance. Attendees must be 21 and over and show a wristband to be served alcohol.
- All tips at beer, wine, and cider tents will go to support Sonoma County Farm Trails.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! In keeping with our zero waste goals, we will not be providing plastic cups for alcohol this year. Guests may bring their own cups or can purchase commemorative glass pints and stemless wine/cider glasses at the Alcohol Tickets Sales booth and at the Country Store for $2 each.
What are the details about the VIP experience and Artisan Tasting Alley?
- VIP tickets are $125 (adults age 13 and over), available online only in advance of the weekend. Please note this is a separate ticketed venue inside of the fair. Tickets are limited, and advance purchase is required.
- Adults may bring (supervised) children into the VIP area. Ages 5 and under are free; tickets are $50 for kids ages 6 to 12.
- VIP guests must get a 21+ wristband at the VIP entrance or at the Alcohol Tickets Sales booth to taste alcoholic libations in the lounge.
For more information, visit our VIP page.
How can I shop for apples at the fair?
- If you just want to buy apples, you may enter the fair for up to 30 minutes to buy apples. Notify the Gate staff at Will Call, and they will ask to hold your ID before you enter the fair.
- Cars can park in the loading zone closest to the Dutton Ranch booth and pick up bulk apples on their way out of the fair.
- Apple juice: North Coast will be selling organic apple juice by the glass & bottle near Info Booth. Slow Food Russian River will be pressing fresh apples near the kids area.
- Come early before we run out of apple desserts, pies, and fritters.
How can I buy Gravenstein Apple Fair merchandise?
Find t-shirts, posters, magnets, flour sack towels, and more fair-branded merchandise at the Country Store, which is near the Beer and Cider Booths, close to the Info booth.
What forms of payment are accepted at the fair?
- Cash only accepted at the main gate. Sorry, no credit cards. There is an ATM outside the gate.
- Credit cards are accepted at our Country Store, which is near the Beer and Cider Booths, close to the Info booth.
- Most vendors accept credit cards.
- There are ATMs inside the fair near the alcohol booths and tents and one outside the fair.
What are the fair’s greening efforts?
Traditionally, large festivals have created enormous amounts of garbage. Farm Trails is committed to making this a Zero Waste event—with your help.
- Water in plastic bottles will not be sold at the fair. Please bring your own.
- Filtered drinking water stations, where you can refill your bottle or glass, are located at some of the Eco Stations, clearly marked around the fairgrounds.
- Ecostations are staffed by volunteers who will assist guests in determining where to deposit leftovers and trash (Pig Food, Compost, Recycling, or Landfill).
- Food vendors are required to follow our greening guidelines, which prohibit most products that cannot be composted locally.
- To minimize the use of plastics, all alcohol will be served in commemorative glasses (purchased for $2 each at the Alcohol Ticket stations and at the Country Store) and in recyclable cans.
- We encourage biking to the fair.
Do you have accommodations for diaper changing and nursing?
There is a dedicated diaper changing and nursing station near the Kids’ Area, on the eastern edge of the park.
Is childcare available?
Daycare is not provided. You must stay with your children at all times, including at the Kids’ Area. Volunteers will guide children through activities, but they are not there to supervise your children.
How do I find a lost child?
Locating missing children/parents is a top priority. Once reported to any team member, staff and security will be radioed immediately. Team members can be recognized by name badges, Fair shirts, and/or Fair aprons.
Children who are separated from their parents should be taken to the Information Booth.
Parents looking for children should go to the Information Booth.
What do I do in case of an emergency?
- Contact any staff, team member, or volunteer who can radio/seek help.
- On-site emergency services: Gold Ridge Fire Department, located on the east edge of the fairgrounds close to the ADA lot near park entrance, provides on-site emergency services.
- First Aid Kit: The Information Booth has a First Aid kit.
Whom do I contact with questions or comments?
For questions/comments, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-837-8896, during business hours.