Tickets & Entrance
When is the Gravenstein Apple Fair?
The Gravenstein Apple Fair is Saturday & Sunday, August 12 & 13, 2023, from 10 am to 6 pm each day.
How do I buy tickets?
Discounted advance tickets are now available here. Single-day general admission tickets will also be available at the gate the weekend of the Fair. VIP tickets are only available for purchase online in advance.
What are the ticket prices?
- Advance discounted single-day general admission tickets are $23 for adults (ages 13 and over) and $10 for kids (ages 6 to 12). Kids 5 and under are FREE (no ticket required).
- Single-day general admission tickets will be available for purchase at the gate. Prices are $30 for adults (ages 13 and over); $25 for seniors (65+) and veterans; $15 for kids (ages 6 to 12). Kids 5 and under are FREE (no ticket required). CASH ONLY at the gate. Sorry, no credit cards accepted at the gate. ATM will be available near the entrance gate.
- VIP tickets are $150 for adults (age 21+) and $75 for minors (ages 6 to 20), and are available IN ADVANCE ONLY. Please note this is a separate ticketed venue inside of the fair. Tickets are limited and include cost of admission to the general Fair. Kids 5 and under are free (no ticket required).
- Family Passes are $55 and are only available for purchase online in advance. They include 2 adult general admission tickets and 2 kids general admission tickets.
- Group Passes are $120 and are only available for purchase online in advance. They include 6 adult general admission tickets.
Are the tickets good for either Saturday or Sunday admission?
General Admission tickets are valid for either Saturday OR Sunday entry, your choice. VIP ticket- holders must select Saturday OR Sunday when purchasing tickets. No weekend passes are available for any category of ticket.
Where do I enter the fair?
General Admission ticket holders and Will Call enter at the Main Gate where day-of tickets are sold, close to the entrance of Ragle Park. VIP ticket holders enter at the VIP Gate adjacent to the Main Gate.
Will I be able to leave and re-enter the fair?
Yes, re-entry to the fair is permitted on the same day of entry. Hands must be stamped at the exits for re-entry.
Can I bring chairs and blankets?
Low-back chairs are permitted, but we don’t allow folks to set up blankets. We provide picnic tables, bench seating, and straw bale perches set up throughout the grounds.
Parking & Shuttles
Can I reserve parking or buy a parking pass?
Parking at all locations is on a first-come, first-served basis and is not reservable. No advance parking passes are available. ADA parking is available on-site.
Where can I park?
- On-site parking at Ragle Ranch Park is available until the lot is full and costs $10 per day. No in-out privileges for parking lot.
- Parking is free with current Sonoma County Regional Parks Pass displayed on the dashboard.
- ADA parking is available on-site; must show valid ADA parking placard.
- There is free satellite parking with shuttle buses available. Satellite parking lots are at Holy Ghost Hall (7960 Mill Station Road, Sebastopol) and O’Reilly Media (1005 Gravenstein Hwy N, Sebastopol). Two free shuttle buses run all day during fair hours.
Is there ADA parking?
ADA parking is available on-site; must show valid ADA parking placard.
What are the hours and stops for the parking shuttle?
The free shuttles transport guests between the fair main entry gate and the satellite parking lots at O’Reilly Media and Holy Ghost Hall. Three free shuttles run all day during fair hours. Shuttle service starts at 9:45 AM and the last shuttle leaves the fair at 6:15 PM.
No pets are allowed on the shuttles. Only service animals are allowed on the grounds and in the shuttles. Emotional support animals are not permitted. Please do not leave animals in parked cars.
Is there bicycle parking?
Free bicycle parking is located at the Bike Parking area to the left of the main entrance. Bike parking is staffed until 6pm.
Rules & Regulation
Can I bring my pet?
No pets are allowed. Only service animals are allowed on the grounds. Emotional support animals are not permitted. Please do not leave animals in parked cars.
Will the dog park be open during fair hours?
The dog park will open to the public, but parking is not guaranteed.
Can I bring outside food or drink?
No outside food or beverages are permitted within the fairgrounds. Coolers are not permitted, with the exception of small coolers for baby food and special needs. We provide multiple filtered water stations throughout the fair. Please bring your reusable water bottles!
What is your refund policy?
All sales are final. Tickets are nonrefundable.
If you are unable to attend the fair, you may transfer the ticket to another party.
What are the COVID protocols and vaccine/masking requirements at the fair?
In accordance with current state and local guidelines, there will be no vaccination, testing, or masking requirements at the Gravenstein Apple Fair.
State and local guidelines are subject to change at any time. Should these protocols change, our website will be updated to reflect current protocols and requirements.
What are other rules and regulations at the fair?
Climbing is NOT allowed on oak trees or fair structures.
Crossing the split rail fences into protected areas is not permitted.
Smoking and vaping are not permitted on the fairgrounds.
At the Fair
Where is the Information Booth?
The Information Booth is located in the center of the fair, under the oak trees, near seating for the North Coast Music Stage. Ask one of our “aproned” volunteers to point the way if needed.
Where are the restrooms?
Restrooms are located in two areas: at the Eastern border near the Kids Area and Old Engines; and at the Northwestern corner near the Northern California Public Media Stage.
Wheelchair accessible restrooms: Each block of restrooms has an ADA stall.
Will drinking water be available?
Yes! Filtered drinking water is available at multiple stations throughout the fair. You must bring your own water bottle. Look for the tall Hydrologic water signage to spot the stations.
Water in plastic bottles will NOT be sold at the fair.
Is the fair wheelchair-accessible?
There are a limited number of all-terrain wheelchairs, good for the uneven ground, which can be checked out at the Main Gate. They are free to borrow and are available first-come/first-served.
Is there an apple pie baking contest this year?
Yes! The Apple Pie Baking Contest is back again this year. Applications are due before the Fair and can be found on the Sebastopol Chamber of Commerce website: https://www.sebastopol.org/.
Bring your pies on Saturday morning by 11am to the Sebastopol Chamber of Commerce Booth for check in.
Will alcohol be available at the fair?
- Beer, Cider, and Wine are served in multiple locations. Drink tickets are the only form of payment and cost $10 per pour. They can be purchased with cash or credit card at the red-and-white-striped Alcohol Ticket Sales booths.
- Wristband required: You must show photo ID to get a 21+ wristband at the red-and-white striped Alcohol Ticket Sales booth and at the VIP entrance. Attendees must be 21 or over and show the appropriate wristband to be served alcohol. You may be asked to show ID even with a wristband if a server has a question about your age.
- Alcohol will be served until 5:30 pm; however, alcohol ticket sales end at 5:15 PM. Our servers have been certified under the California RBS program, and will not serve underage, or intoxicated patrons.
- All tips at beer, wine, and cider tents go to support Sonoma County Farm Trails.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! In keeping with our zero waste goals, we do not serve alcohol in plastic cups. Guests may bring their own cups or can purchase commemorative glass pints and stemless wine/cider glasses at the Alcohol Tickets Sales booths and at the Country Store for $2 each.
How can I shop for apples at the fair?
- New this year: Apple Alley located next to the main entrance! This is where you can find an array of Gravenstein apple products. Vendors will be selling apple desserts, pies, fritters, sauces, slushies and much more. Come early before they sell out!
- Dutton Ranch and Meyer Apples will be selling bulk Gravenstein apples by the bag or box. They are located near the main entrance, and there are dedicated loading zone spots for apple pick-up.
- If you just want to buy apples, you may enter the fair for up to 30 minutes to buy apples. Check-in with staff at Will Call, and they will ask to hold your ID before you enter the fair.
How can I buy Gravenstein Apple Fair merchandise?
Find t-shirts, posters, magnets, flour sack towels, and more fair-branded merchandise at the Country Store, which is near the Beer and Cider Booths, close to the Info booth.
After the Fair, we will have merchandise for sale online on our store on GravensteinAppleFair.com. Please give us a week to take inventory and prepare the store. Thanks!
What forms of payment are accepted at the fair?
- Cash only accepted at the main gate. Sorry, no credit cards. There is an ATM outside the gate.
- Credit cards are accepted at our Country Store, which is near the Beer and Cider Booths, close to the Info booth.
- Credit cards are accepted at the Alcohol Ticket Sales booths.
- There are ATMs inside the fair near the alcohol booths and tents and one outside the fair.
What are the fair’s greening efforts?
Traditionally, large festivals have created enormous amounts of garbage. Farm Trails is committed to making this a Zero Waste event—with your help.
- Water in plastic bottles will not be sold at the fair. Please bring your own refillable water bottle to use at our numerous filtered water stations.
- Filtered drinking water stations, where you can refill your bottle or glass, are located at some of the Eco Stations, clearly marked around the fairgrounds.
- Eco Stations are staffed by volunteers who will assist guests in determining where to deposit waste (Pig Food, Compost, Recycling, or Landfill).
- Food vendors will provide metal utensils that can be returned to any Eco Station where they are collected and washed for reuse next year!
- To minimize the use of plastics, all alcohol will be served in commemorative glasses (purchased for $2 each at the Alcohol Ticket stations and at the Country Store) or in recyclable cans. Yes! You may bring your own glass or cup for libations!
- We encourage biking, walking and carpooling to the fair!
Is childcare available?
Childcare is not provided. You must stay with your children at all times, including at the Kids’ Area.
How do I find a lost child?
If you get separated from your child, look for an apple fair volunteer, staff, or security guard. Our full team will immediately work together to reunite children and parents, as that is a top priority.
Children who are separated from their parents will be brought to the Information Booth.
Parents looking for children should go to the Information Booth.
What do I do in case of an emergency?
- Contact any staff, team member, or volunteer who can radio/seek help. Team members can be recognized by name badges, Fair shirts, Radios, and/or Fair aprons.
- On-site emergency services: Gold Ridge Fire Department, located on the east edge of the fairgrounds close to the ADA lot near park entrance, provides on-site emergency services.
- First Aid Kit can be found at the Information Booth.
Whom do I contact with questions or comments?
For questions/comments, reach us at email@example.com or 707-837-8896, during business hours.